Wednesday, October 14, 2015

5 Months of Eleanor!

Let me just start by saying, this girl LOVES her name. Both grandmas can talk to her over FaceTime, and she will immediately start smiling when she hears her name. Also, let me add that we are a bit obsessed with her...she's seriously so much better than I could have ever expected.

Anyway, here's a 5 month update on our sweet Eleanor

  • We've started unswaddling her arms at night because she has started to roll a little bit. We've done it a few nights now, and she's doing pretty well. One morning, she woke just before 6, but luckily the next morning it was back to waking at 7. Typically she goes down around 8 each night (give or take 30 minutes). 
  • She loves her belly being kissed, and will giggle pretty good when we do it.
  • She is grabbing EVERYTHING. If I'm holding something, she wants it. I can still eat with her on my lap, but I know those days are limited. 
  • Eleanor is still eating great (she nurses 4-6 times a day, usually 5), and we started rice cereal about a month ago. She seems to like it, but sometimes has a hard time keeping it in because she's still learning what to do with it. 
  • She is starting to get to the point where she notices when I leave a room...it's not bad, but every once in a while she'll get a little fussy if I leave.
  • She levees the Bjorn, and I try to carry her in that as often as possible. 
  • She doesn't mind being laid on the floor or in her little seat, which makes is easier to get things done, if needed. 
  • She's had a couple blowouts in the last week, one in a Banana Republic fitting room, and the other in a chair at home. She's not usually one to blowout of her diaper/clothes, but man she definitely did. 
  • Eleanor's been super flexible up until now, which has been so nice. On the weekends we are typically out a little later than week nights, and sometimes she doesn't get to bed until 10, but she handles it like a champ. We've also already had her take a nap at Brad & Court's a couple times, and she had no problems. 
  • Her and I try to go jogging each morning (for the past couple weeks) now that my leg isn't bugging me anymore, and she loves the stroller, and occasionally will fall asleep towards the end of the jog. 
  • She's still napping about 3 times a day (occasionally will have a 4th nap)...anywhere from an hour to 2 1/2 hours. 
  • She smiles so much now. It takes some time from people she doesn't know, but she's starting to warm up pretty quickly. 
  • She can roll each way, but isn't super interested in it quite yet. Often times she roll almost all the way from her back to her belly, and then just stop and stay like that for a few minutes. But, she has yet to roll multiple times in a row, which I am perfectly OK with :)
  • She drools NONSTOP. We pretty much always have a bib on this girl because she soaks right through the tops of her shirts! 
  • Bath time is one of Eleanor's favorites. She loves being scrubbed, and having the water poured on her. She also likes the pool. She doesn't give me too many reactions when we're at the pool, but she doesn't cry or look miserable, so I'll take it! 
  • I think she's getting heavier/longer, but she doesn't have another appointment until November, so we'll have to wait until then. 
She's pretty much the perfect baby, but I'm 100% biased as her mother. I love her more than words can describe, and I just can't imagine not having her in our life. She truly has been such a blessing to us, and continues to make us smile daily. When I'm not around her, I'm talking about/missing her, and when I am with her, I can't stop kissing her. She's the best :)









No comments:

Post a Comment