I know I'm an entire month late on this post, but I wrote it a few weeks back, and never got around to posting it, so here it is! A 7 month post will be up ASAP!
El is still being swaddled in her Halo sleeping sac. She has
her arms out, so she’s hardly “swaddled,” but more wrapped for warmth. I honestly think it helps get her
in the “sleeping” mood.
She has been laughing SO much lately…it’s so fun! She loves
when we hide and then say “boo,” or when we tickle her. She’s just a super
happy baby, and will laugh our silly faces, or even if we just smile at her.
She’ll also smile for other people pretty easily, and sometimes will even laugh
for them.
Eleanor is officially grabbing EVERYTHING! I can’t hold her
near something without her wanting to grab it! She’s getting really good at grabbing
her binky and putting it in her mouth, as well as her toys. Her
hand-eye-coordination has gotten really good lately, and the doctor said it
should just keep getting better.
Eleanor has started eating solids now. For the last two
months, she’s been eating rice cereal, as well as any kind of sauce that we
have during our meals (we’ll give her tiny little bites). She has loved
anything we have given her. Just this week we started feeding her baby food and
solids (little pieces of bread, etc.), and so far, so good. She seemed a little
hesitant at first, with the pears, but she’s warmed up to baby food. Hopefully
she’ll continue to be a good eater!
El is still a great little nurser. She nurses about 4 or 5
times a day (typically it’s 4 times during the day, and then one time right
before bed). If she eats 5 times a day, she’ll do a bottle for one of the night
feedings (dinner or bedtime).
El is sleeping about 10 hours most nights. She’ll typically
wake up between 6 and 7, and then I’ll go in and give her the blanket
(sometimes 2 or 3) and her pacifier. Most mornings she’ll lay and just chill
for 30 minutes – an hour or so, and some mornings she’ll totally fall back
asleep for another hour or so, which is great!
6 ½ Months (a little bit after the start of this update)
El is getting pretty good at sitting up! I still can’t leave
her by herself because she may fall, but she is getting there! She’s gotten to
the point where she can play with toys, in front of her, while sitting, which
is improvement.
She is definitely preferring me these days, but she’s not to
the point where she freaks out if somebody else is holding her. However, she
will sometimes say “ma-ma-ma” when she gets upset, or when she wants out of
bed.
I’d like to believe that Eleanor is pretty flexible, most
the time, but I don’t have anyone else to compare her to, since she’s my first.
We’re in UT now, and she has been pretty adaptable, even if it means that she’s
been waking at different times, and napping a little all over the place. She’s
been such a happy baby, so for now she’s an adaptable baby! :)
Eleanor does great in the stroller, and still loves going on
jogs with me. She loves being outside, and seeing what there is to see.
Napping has been a little challenging since we’ve been in
UT, but at least she’s still napping. I’m trying to keep her on the
eat-wake-sleep schedule, and so far it’s working…I just hope it keeps working, since we have another 4
weeks here.
El is rolling ALL OVER the place lately. She loves to be on
her belly, with her head in the air J
El is also drooling ALL OVER the place lately. She is
constantly needing a new bib, or drenching her clothes, but I’m pretty sure
it’s because she’s TEETHING!
She totally has two teeth on the bottom that are so close to
coming through! She also has one on top (Tyler spotted it) that is kind of
close.
Eleanor loves bath time. She will smile, giggle, and play
with whatever toy you give her.
STATS (@ 6 months)
Height: 28 inches
Weight: 16 lbs 4 oz
Head: 17-ish (I think)
No comments:
Post a Comment