I realize it's been a while since I've updated this thing, but today Eleanor is 4 months, which is cause for celebration! I wrote down some things that I didn't want to forget about this stage in my journal, but also wanted to share some of them here...
El is getting to so big, and more mature. I don't feel like we're in the "newborn" stage anymore, which is totally ok with me. El is a lot more predictable at this point, and I'd like to think that I know what she wants (a little bit more than before) most of the time. I also feel like I'm able to have a more realistic view on things, and feel more optimistic about situations, because I'm not quite as emotional as I was when we brought her home (thank goodness!).
Also, I am REALLY glad that I read the book, "Baby Wise." I feel like a lot of things were things I already knew, but I needed to be reminded of... And, I also totally attribute her good behavior (sleeping & eating) to that book. I never knew that babies were supposed to "eat, play, sleep," but we got El in that routine from early on, and it has been AMAZING.
I wanted to do an update on Eleanor, so here are a few fun facts about El, at 4 months:
- I am still finding lint in her hands quite often, but not near as much as I would find a month or so ago (she gets the lint from holding her blanket really tight)
- She has learned to arch her back when she doesn't want something (like, when she's trying to tell me she's not hungry anymore), but she really hasn't done this a whole lot.
- She loves being lifted in the air. This is a pretty new thing (last week or so), and we have even gotten her to giggle while doing it.
- She likes to play with toys (toy rings and such), and is getting pretty good at grabbing them.
- We bought a wannabe bumbo, and started using it about a week or so ago, and so far, so good. She will sit in it and play with her toys, but also still enjoys laying on the ground or being held (of course).
- She has started to dislike being put in her carseat. Once we start moving, she's totally fine, but I don't think she loves the idea of being strapped in.
- El has started to pull her pacifier out on her own, and can sometimes put it back in, but I really don't think she actually understands what she's doing ;). She really only takes the pacifier when she's tired, which has been nice. Often times, she'll just chew on the pacifier when she's not tired.
- Napping involves her pacifier and her blanket (small, soft, pink blanket). Once she has those two things, she's in heaven, and will fall asleep very quickly. At nighttime, she's still swaddled. El typically takes 3-4 naps a day, and they range anywhere from an hour to two hours (sometimes longer if she missed an earlier nap). If we're out and about during a nap, El will usually catch a 30-45 minute cat nap in her carseat (thankfully!).
- She eats every 3-4 hours these days, and she's amazing at letting me know when she's done, or when she wants more.
- Has started to talk a lot more, and has also started to mimic some of our actions (like making noises with her lips).
- El has rolled before (a few times back to stomach, and more times stomach to back), but it's not something she's terribly interested in.
- She's wearing 3-6 month clothes, occasionally wearing something that's 6-9 months, and is still wearing size one diapers.
- She's sleeping through the night (on average, 10-11 hours a night), and has been for a couple months now :)
- AND, her chunky little thighs are getting a little bit bigger!
Like I said before, I really do think reading "Baby Wise" has had a HUGE impact on Eleanor, and has had an even bigger impact on me (& Tyler). Because she is a good eater/sleeper, and is well-behaved, Tyler and I are usually able to tell why she's upset when cries. And typically, it's because she's either tired, wet/poopy (we can usually smell the poopy ones), or needs to burp.
Eleanor's 4 month stats:
Height: 26.5 inches (off the charts...not surprising ;)
Weight: 14 lb 6 oz (75%)
And, she did great with her shots...only cried for a minute or two
Such a cute, healthy baby, and we love her SO.
And, here are some pictures from the last little while :)
No comments:
Post a Comment