After Rome, we rented a car, and made our way through a few towns (Civita, Sienna, & San Gimignano). We're big Amazing Race fans, and saw Civita on one of the episodes, and since then, I knew we needed to stop by. It was such a cool place. Before we stopped there though, we made a detour by the Rome temple. There was a huge fence up, but I was able to sneak one picture in before getting told to leave.
![]() |
| Our awesome "Panda" |
![]() |
| The skinny roads to get to the small town of Civita |
The only way to get over to this town is a walking trail (or riding a scooter).
![]() |
| There were a ton of these pretty flowers everywhere! |
| The town square |
Next Stop: Sienna
We didn't stop for long in Sienna, but it was on our way to San Gimignano, so we made it happen. I don't have too many pictures, but here's what I do have...
![]() |
| The Duomo...we were hoping to get in to see it, but it closed early the day we were there (we think it's because of the World Cup). |
| Piazza il Campo (one of the greatest squares in Italy)...it was a really neat place, but I, personally, liked some of the squares in Rome better. |
Last Stop: San Gimignano
This place was recommended to us by Kip & Sam, and it did not disappoint. The only thing I wish we would've done differently was get there earlier so we could've gone into some of the shops. SG used to have about 75 towers, but now there's only about 14.
There were some kids going down the stairs behind us on scooters, and they were having a blast.
![]() |
| Sorry for the grainy picture, but we loved all the big doors around the city, and had to grab a picture. |


















No comments:
Post a Comment