Saturday, June 7, 2014

Last Week of School!

In between Nicole's & Courtney's weddings, I had my last week of teaching.  I missed Monday because we were driving back from CA, but I was there Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, and that was enough ;).  The kids were so beyond checked-out, and so was I.  The last 3 days were pretty much just having fun, and trying to keep them occupied.  I like to give my students a little gift for them to remember that year by, so this year I took pictures of my class, and then wrote each of my students an individual letter & attached the picture I took.  I hope it's something they'll hold onto, rather than just throwing it away when they got home.  


Movie party on the last day!  
For those of you who didn't know, I taught 5th grade this year, at a school very different than the one I taught at in Utah.  It has been a really good learning and growing experience for me, and I am going to be at the same school for next year.  I was given the opportunity to move up to 6th grade for next year, and I decided a few days before school ended that I would take the offer.  I'm happy that I'll have about 20 of my 30 kids from this past year.  I've never "looped" before, but I'm excited to try it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment