This summer has been full of goodbyes. I've said goodbye to my students, teachers I work with, close friends, and family. Saying goodbye to my students wasn't so difficult on the last day of school, but now 3 weeks later, I feel so empty without them. They were my life for a whole year. I felt like a mother to them, and it makes me sad to think that I won't see most of them ever again. I promised I would visit if I'm ever in town during a school day, but it's just not the same as being them everyday. Missing them also reminds me of how much I enjoyed teaching this year. Teaching is a very satisfying and rewarding job. I enjoyed watching my students grow each day, and learn new things. I also enjoyed learning from my students. I can't even tell you how many times I learned something from a student. Who knew a 10 or 11 year old could teach you so much?
Last night we said goodbye to some of our best friends, Michelle & Trevor. We've known them through our dating and now through our entire marriage. They've been such great friends, and have always been extremely easy to get along with, and share a lot of our same hobbies. We will definitely miss being able to call them on a Friday night to play our favorite, "Hand and Foot," and more importantly seeing our "godson," Luke.
We're moving 2 weeks from Saturday, which means we will have to say goodbye to all of our family here in UT. Tyler's family has been great to live by for the last 3 years, and we will definitely miss have immediate family so close. It's also been a blessing to live by Tiersha & Josh and Tanner & Allie. Luckily T&J will be by my parents so we'll see them often, but T&A are moving to the east coast for med school, which means we'll probably only see them during school breaks.
I hope AZ has great friends in store for us b/c we're saying goodbye to so many wonderful people. We're excited to start a new chapter, and have a change of scenery. To all of our UT friends/family, stay in touch :)
No comments:
Post a Comment