Today I had a student ask if she could help me after school for a while. She's done this before, and has usually stayed an extra 30 minutes or so, but today she stayed until 5:15! Holy cow! She just kept wanting to help with anything I needed help with. So, I gave her a lot of cleaning assignments. She cleaned off EVERY desk with a clorox wipe (they were nasty!), cleaned off my counter tops and a huge box filled with old posters, took down old posters in the hallway, and much, much more. When she asked me if she could stay I didn't think I had anything for her to do, but it turns out my room was a bit messier than I remembered.
Staying at school until 5:15 meant I got a lot done too. I've had a student absent for a week, and she has the messiest desk of anyone in my class (by far), so I decided to clean out her desk today. I found SO much stuff: plates with old food, candy canes (from Christmas party) wrapped in a paper towel, EIGHT whiteboard markers (the kids are supposed to have ONE), TONS of trash, and tons of pencil shavings. It was a mess, but kind of fun to make such a messy desk clean. This particular student had things in her desk from the FIRST week of school... I couldn't believe it. I can't stand clutter like that. I pretty much threw everything away haha.
On another note, today (or maybe tomorrow) is the 100th day of school. Woohoo! That means I am more than halfway done with the school year. Actually, today marks exactly 4 months left of the year. I am counting down until our cruise at the end of May. BTW, my parents are taking us on a cruise 2 days after I'm done teaching to celebrate graduation.
On an even different note, Tyler has been accepted to one dental school, and we are still waiting to here from the other 3 he has interviewed with. We feel really good about Arizona (the 1 we got accepted to), but Tyler really enjoyed interviewing in Kentucky as well. So, who knows, we could be in the west or the east this coming fall. I'm excited for a change in scenery, and can't wait to find out where our small, little family will end up. We will make wherever we go, great. I'm so lucky to have such a great man. Someone who wants to be educated and be successful in life. And even better, a man who will take great care of me and our future family. Now let's just hope I can find a job wherever we go :)
Oh, and a random side note... I got 2 sweaters at Old Navy that I LOVE. One is a poncho sweater with a big cowl neck ($8), which is a first for me, but I'm obsessed. I've already worn it 3 times. And, the other is a fuzzy, super soft sweater, which was only $6. I've worn it a couple times already, and I'm in love, and it makes for great snuggling :)
No comments:
Post a Comment