Monday, August 1, 2011

All the hard work paid off...

(The night before the race)
I finished the triathlon! I'm not really one to focus on times when it comes to competing, but I did want to finish...without a doubt! I didn't think I would enjoy the race, but being alone for the majority (the bike and run) of the race really helped me have a positive experience. Nobody was pushing me to go faster, I wasn't holding anybody back, and most importantly, I had nobody to complain to. I stayed in a fairly good mood the entire race and was extremely happy that I finished. I liked it so much I may even consider doing it again :)

Details of the race:
Spudman Triathlon
Burley, Idaho
Olympic Triathlon-1 mile swim, 25 mile bike, 6 mile run

Things that happened during the race...
-Tyler was given a size "small" wetsuit..3 minutes before his wave started, him and I switched wetsuits since mine was slightly too large; Tyler looked hilarious standing in his white, see-through spandex, it was great.
-The Snake River has a very strong current. So much so that I didn't even have to swim! It was great, I floated about 80% of the way :)
-I finished the race 5th in the family (Lisa, Shawn and Derek were behind me) and the announcer was hysterical. I ran in pretty much alone, nobody in front or behind me... he kept saying, "Finish strong, we've got water waiting for you, Tahnee, we'll take care of you, finish with a smile!" It was a great way to finish a long race!

(Right after I crossed the finish line!)

No comments:

Post a Comment