I've seen a few people do this kind of thing on their blog lately, and I've really liked the idea. It's mostly for my own journal purposes, but here's a little update on what's going on in the Gregory household.
Tahnee:
I am currently serving as a laurel advisor in our ward, which I love. I truly believe I was meant to be with the oldest group of girls in YW, rather than with the beehives. I really don't know how those leaders do it!
I've been substituting since November, and have been fortunate enough to have had 2 long term subbing jobs so far. I am in the middle of one job right now, and it is really testing my patience, stress levels, and just about everything. It's great experience for me though, and is 100% different then what I was doing in Provo.
I am still working at Gap...going on 6 years this year!
I love to play tennis (when I can drag Tyler out the door to play) even though I'm not great, and have a terribly sloooww serve.
Right now I am trying to get into running. I've been running a lot since we moved to AZ, and love the opportunity to be outside. I'm not super fast, and haven't had too many weeks where I have been consistent in running (and sadly, I have NO excuse), but I enjoy it every time I get out there.
I love laying out any chance I get. Since I started subbing though, I think I've only gotten out twice.
Love watching, or going to, movies (especially in the middle of summer when there is nothing else to do).
I've enjoyed cooking more since living here, and have tried several recipes from pinterest.
I really love baking too, despite Tyler's protests. He tries to be healthy, but I think healthy is boring.
I LOVE my MacBook Air that I got for Christmas. I have used it a million times already.
Misses Utah every once in a while.
I've met some great girls whose husbands are also in the dental program, as well as some great girls in our ward.
Still driving Gertrude. She's 17 this year!
I crave salty popcorn almost every night of the week.
Tyler:
Busy with dental school. This pretty much consumes his day everyday, but every once in a while he'll have a day where he gets home early, and oh it's a happy day!
Prepping for the "Tough Mudder" run with other guys in his class. This race is intense, from what we've seen online. I'm excited to watch him run it next week!
Working out practically everyday (P90x).
Handy as ever. He gets so much done around the house, and is always willing to help me with the projects I come up with.
Loves watching pretty much any movie.
Gets up at 5 am any day he has a test, which is usually 2 or 3 times per week. What a stud!
Enjoys going shooting with the guys in his class.
Prepping for a golf tournament with some friends.
Frequents the driving range.
Still driving his 4Runner, and is still loving it.
Missing snowboarding, and everything else about the snow (and Utah).
Tries to eat healthy, but I corrupt him.
New sweet obsession is Blue Bell ice cream (and he's got me hooked on it too!)
Rubs my feet anytime I ask (for real).
Officially in the army starting July of this year :)
Thank you for recognizing Gertrude's 17th birthday this year. That made me laugh! I want to start running but it's too hilly by me. Maybe I'll start going to the RSM lake...
ReplyDeleteLoved this post!
ReplyDelete