Sunday, January 13, 2013

Good Movies

Since we've moved to Arizona, we have seen a LOT of movies.  At first it was because it was so hot outside that we really couldn't do anything else.  Then, we found a movie theater that we are in love with!  It's called Studio Movie Grill.  They have them in multiple places around the country.  Basically, you get to sit in comfortable leather chairs, and order dinner (if you choose to) all while watching your movie.  Sounds expensive, doesn't it?  Well, they always have groupons.  They started off at $5 for a movie and refillable soda, and now it's up to $6...still a great deal.  We go there a lot, to say the least.  We also saw a few movies while we were home for Thanksgiving and Christmas.

Here are some of the movies we've seen (this is more for my personal record...I'm not offended if you're bored), in no particular order...

Dark Knight Rises

Skyfall

The Hobbit

Lincoln
I thought this was a terribly boring movie... however, so many people have loved it.   I guess I'm just not really into historical movies that are more a documentary than a movie... Tyler loved it though.
Les Miserables

The Bourne Legacy

Argo

Jack Reacher

Red Dawn (Tyler)

Side note on "Red Dawn" and "Playing for Keeps"... these movies were not good movies by any means.  We went to see "Life of Phi," but it was sold out, and we were already out, and had free movie passes... we probably wouldn't recommend either of these.  Tyler went with our friend Roman, and I went with his wife, Shaley.

Playing for Keeps (me)

The Amazing Spiderman (me)

Moonrise Kingdom (purchased this one for Christmas)
This is one of our new favorites...it's very weird humor, and a little strange, but has great music, and was really well done...if you haven't seen it, be prepared for weird, but also for great.
Lawless


No comments:

Post a Comment