Like I said in an earlier post, we went to a cabin this past weekend with Tyler's family. The cabin is owned by one of Lisa's good friends, and she was kind enough to let us stay there ALL weekend. It was fun to just hang out. We played games, watched movies, dyed Easter eggs, did puzzles (well, most the family), went on a walk, I read my book, and we took family pictures (my FAVORITE thing ever...not!) Ever since I can remember, family pictures are stressful. Nobody can agree on what to wear, and somebody's hair always doesn't do what it's supposed to do, yadadadada. I just don't really like taking family pictures. Maybe when I have a family of my own, and I can be in control of what everybody wears and looks like, I'll enjoy it more...just maybe. Anyway, the pictures turned out alright actually...not as bad as I was anticipating. There is a lot of color in the picture, but that was the goal, so I think they turned out pretty good. I really like the ones of Ty and I. We took a few so we could send one out with our grad announcement (which I sent out TODAY).
When we got back from the cabin on Sunday (also Easter) we took MORE family photos. I think part of the reason (well, I KNOW) that I hate pictures is because I am usually the tallest in the picture. I'm the size of most men, and am ALWAYS taller than the girls, even if they are wearing heels, which in my opinion, all short girls should wear heals to church. Just saying. I wear heels, and I'm 6 feet tall. Anyway, pictures went pretty well on Sunday, and after pictures, Derek was ordained a priest. After that, we went to the Christensen's for some amazing "Geri dinner," followed by an entertaining Easter egg hunt, and yummy strawberry shortcake. Dinner at Geri's is always a good idea.
All in all, it was a good weekend, and it was nice to catch up with some family. Enjoy some of the pics from the weekend below...
 |
| Out on our walk...we walked much faster than everybody else :) |
 |
| The whole gang...minus Tyler |
 |
| Playing "Story Cubes." The boys were WAY better at this game than the girls (we lack a certain creativity...) |
 |
| All of us, and our dyed eggs |
 |
| Standing in front of the fire |
 |
| Dying eggs |
 |
| Concentrating on my egg... |
 |
| I'm not sure what happened here... |
 |
| Brooks, Derek, and Tyler |
 |
| Reading NieNie's book, Heaven is Here...I did a lot of this throughout the weekend |
 |
| Playing Aggravation with the family |
 |
| We were told to wear "bright" shirts, and 3 of us turned up in yellow, and all different yellows |
 |
| We had watched "Napolean Dynamite" earlier that day...Uncle Ricco |
 |
| All the ladies |
 |
| The Gregory clan |
 |
| The girls on Easter |
 |
| The whole family on Easter, except Jace obviously (P.S. I look slightly large in this picture...boo) |
I like the family pictures and all the colors ;-)
ReplyDeleteAlso - the pictures of you and tyler are super. Which are you using for graduation?