Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Passover

No, we are not all of the sudden Jewish, but we did attend the Sader Service that takes place at BYU every year.  Tyler's mom bought the tickets, but were unable to go with the rest of the family so we went by ourselves.  We had a great table, and the people by us were very nice, and entertaining.  I've never been to a Sader (not even sure if I'm spelling that right...) Service, but basically it goes through the whole Passover event (at the start of Passover), and it took about 4 hours...  My first thought of the night was not all that great, but as the night went on, it turned out to be a great experience and we learned A LOT.  Of course right when we got there, I texted my best friend (and really, my only Jewish friend) Nicole to tell her what I was taking place in.  We went through the program, ate horseraddish (the boys about puked-I skipped out), which represent the "bitter herbs," and  "the tough times the Israelites" had, had matzha, had a wonderful dinner, sang a few songs, and enjoyed good company.

Clock wise: matzha, herosha (I think), and horseraddish.  The purple stuff is the "wine" (grape juice).  My portion of horseraddish was tiny compared to Tylers.  The herosha was actually pretty good (cut up apples, nuts, cinnamon, etc...)

1 comment: