We did it....Black Friday. Even Tyler came. It was quite the event.
I went last year with Tiersha, but we didn't go until about 5 am. This year we left Blackfoot (Idaho) at 11:30 to make it to Idaho Falls by midnight... We made it right in time. We went first to Best Buy, and waited an hour just to GET IN. Mind you, we're in Idaho so it's freezing outside, but definitely not as cold as it could have been (no snow, thank goodness).
We went with Lisa & Shawn, and Tyler's uncle and aunt, Heather and Kevin. The boys were troopers the whole time. We found a few things we wanted in Best Buy, but nothing great so the boys waited in line, which ended up taking an hour and a half!! Meanwhile, us girls headed to Old Navy. We bought what felt like the whole store. We took care of Sub for Santa gifts, as well as many things for ourselves. I got a coat that I'm in love with for $24 on sale from $80.
We then proceeded to go to what seemed like every store in the mall. At this point it was 4 am. I got a few Christmas gifts taken care, and Tyler and I bought a few things for ourselves. Black Friday is a funny thing...I started to feel really delirious around 2 or 3 am, but then I started to feel super jittery from the caffeine (I drank a Dr. Pepper before we started), and then I was hyped up the rest of the time. I was on a roll. I was on fire!
While we were at the mall the boys finally did meet up with us, and Kevin ended up falling asleep on a mall bench. Tyler and Shawn lasted the whole time. Talk about AMAZING husbands. They had no idea what they were in for when we said we just wanted to go to 3 or 4 stores. After the mall we headed to Target while Lisa & Shawn hit up Kohls, and Kevin & Heather slept in the car.
We went in to Target really only looking for cheap DVD's/Blu Rays, but ended up with a second PS3 controller and a Christmas tree!! So exciting! The tree was $30 on sale from $60, 6 1/2 feet tall, and pre-lit, which made it PERFECT. We really do enjoy getting a Christmas tree every year, but this is so much easier. I think we will still go get a small, real tree, but as for our large tree, it will be fake with a yummy smelling pine tree candle next to it :)
At 6 am (give or take) we headed home, arriving at 6:30. We had a fabulous time. Being with Lisa and Heather was a blast, and our energy was incredible. We will definitely be crashing later today. Women are so funny when they get shopping. Boys, on the other hand, last for a good 2 hours before they're completely over it!
I'm really glad we did Black Friday this year. Not so sure if I would do it again this early, but I am a believer in it. I saved a lot of money!
I went last year with Tiersha, but we didn't go until about 5 am. This year we left Blackfoot (Idaho) at 11:30 to make it to Idaho Falls by midnight... We made it right in time. We went first to Best Buy, and waited an hour just to GET IN. Mind you, we're in Idaho so it's freezing outside, but definitely not as cold as it could have been (no snow, thank goodness).
We went with Lisa & Shawn, and Tyler's uncle and aunt, Heather and Kevin. The boys were troopers the whole time. We found a few things we wanted in Best Buy, but nothing great so the boys waited in line, which ended up taking an hour and a half!! Meanwhile, us girls headed to Old Navy. We bought what felt like the whole store. We took care of Sub for Santa gifts, as well as many things for ourselves. I got a coat that I'm in love with for $24 on sale from $80.
We then proceeded to go to what seemed like every store in the mall. At this point it was 4 am. I got a few Christmas gifts taken care, and Tyler and I bought a few things for ourselves. Black Friday is a funny thing...I started to feel really delirious around 2 or 3 am, but then I started to feel super jittery from the caffeine (I drank a Dr. Pepper before we started), and then I was hyped up the rest of the time. I was on a roll. I was on fire!
While we were at the mall the boys finally did meet up with us, and Kevin ended up falling asleep on a mall bench. Tyler and Shawn lasted the whole time. Talk about AMAZING husbands. They had no idea what they were in for when we said we just wanted to go to 3 or 4 stores. After the mall we headed to Target while Lisa & Shawn hit up Kohls, and Kevin & Heather slept in the car.
We went in to Target really only looking for cheap DVD's/Blu Rays, but ended up with a second PS3 controller and a Christmas tree!! So exciting! The tree was $30 on sale from $60, 6 1/2 feet tall, and pre-lit, which made it PERFECT. We really do enjoy getting a Christmas tree every year, but this is so much easier. I think we will still go get a small, real tree, but as for our large tree, it will be fake with a yummy smelling pine tree candle next to it :)
At 6 am (give or take) we headed home, arriving at 6:30. We had a fabulous time. Being with Lisa and Heather was a blast, and our energy was incredible. We will definitely be crashing later today. Women are so funny when they get shopping. Boys, on the other hand, last for a good 2 hours before they're completely over it!
I'm really glad we did Black Friday this year. Not so sure if I would do it again this early, but I am a believer in it. I saved a lot of money!
No comments:
Post a Comment