Thursday, September 22, 2011

Busy busy days

Once again I am behind on blogging! My days have consisted of planning, teaching, planning, and teaching...it's the same thing ALL day, everyday. Don't get me wrong, I love my students, but sometimes it's a bit tiring. I plan for a day and think everything is going to go peachy (like today), and then it turns out to be a disaster b/c the kids can't focus, or whatever the reason may be. It's just that I get home, and all I want to do is sit on the couch when I get home and do nothing! And, that's pretty much what I've been doing, sadly. However, last night I did make homemade meatloaf (Grandma Gregory style), along with cheesy mashed potatoes (also homemade). It was quite a treat for Tyler since he's been deprived of good dinners for a while now.
Even with our busy schedules, we did make it up to Idaho last weekend for some time with the grandparents (the Gregory's). We drove up with Tanner and Allie, and stayed Friday to Sunday. It was a short trip, but very eventful. We went to "Spud day," and met up with Mike & Vicky (Tyler's aunt and uncle) and some of their kids. We walked around, got some amazing kettle corn (best I've had), and chatted a lot with family. We also went to a corn maze, which was actually a really good maze. It took about 45 minutes to get through, and the boys went in for more (almost took them an hour).
The rest of the evening consisted of being extremely disappointed with the BYU game, and more eating :) We ate so much food, and every meal was better than the last. Grandma Gregory is the best cook, seriously.
The weekend before Tyler and I celebrated a belated anniversary gift. Tyler bought me Rascal Flatts tickets at Usana theater. It was a great concert and it was packed!! Holy cow, there are a lot of country folk in Utah. Sooo, the music was great that night, but the boys did not look very good at all. They looked extremely odd, wearing black leggings or tight white pants. It's a very odd for 3 married men, in my opinion. Then, on the way home from the concert, we got stopped on the freeway for 2 1/2 hours! We got stopped first for a car accident (I'm guessing it was a fatal accident), and then for construction work. We didn't end up getting home until 1:30 ish...it was terrible.
The next day I went to a bridal shower for Lisa Hoppie, a good friend from home. It was really good to see her and April, another friend from home, and catch up on a lot of things.

No comments:

Post a Comment