Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Tyler got a Kindle


This past weekend, November 12th to be exact, was Tyler's birthday. We celebrated with his Mom & her husband, along with his brothers and grandparents the week before up in Salt Lake, but him and I celebrated on his actual day. He was SUPER busy, as usual, with school stuff and didn't even get home until 7:30 on Friday (the 12th). We were starving by that point so we ate at Red Lobster (Tyler's choice) and then came back for presents. I got him a few things: jeans, shoes (we ended up returning them), and a couple other small things. Then, he opened the last present, which just happened to be the Kindle. Tyler couldn't stop talking about the Kindle a few months ago and I thought it would be cool to surprise him and get it for him... Well, Kindle's are expensive ($189 to be exact), so I pulled all my old textbooks out to see if Amazon would give me any credit for them. Sure enough, Amazon wanted my books (shocking since they're all the OLDEST edition). I was able to get a lot of Amazon credit and get my wonderful husband a fabulous present. He loved it! He still can't put it down. He's waiting for his case to get here (should get here tomorrow), and then he said he'll take it to school with him... just what he needs :) The next day I had a test (the Praxis) for elementary education, but when I got home we went out and did a little shopping together. Sunday, we had Michelle & Trevor and Tiersha & Josh over for dessert which is always a good time. Then Monday (I know, a lot of celebrations) we went out to dinner with Tyler's dad, Paul and his brother Tanner and his girlfriend Ali. Since it was both Tanner and Tyler's birthday in the past 2 weeks we had the waitresses sing to them. It was a fun weekend and I'm so glad my handsome husband is a quarter of a century (he's so old!). We're glad we were able to see so many family members and spend time with them and friends as well.

1 comment:

  1. Those Kindles look super cool. I've gone back and forth with buying one. Let me know how he likes it!

    ReplyDelete