This past weekend was a relaxing, fun weekend, but it definitely went by TOO fast. Starting with Thursday...my dad came into town, took me to dinner (Outback), and then we went to the Gilbert Temple Open House (Tyler had to study :( ). I love that my dad has to come to AZ for work every so often. I love that I get to see him, even if it's just for a couple of hours every couple of months. It was so fun to catch up, and have just a daddy-daughter date (and, I even got to wear my 4 or 5 inch heels!).
On Friday, I got visitors in my class! Tyler and 4 of his classmates/friends did a presentation all about dental hygiene. The kids moved around from station to station, and then at the end they took questions & passed out little goodie bags for all of them (water bottles, toothbrushes, etc..) The kids loved it.
![]() |
| (Chris & Ryan getting "flossed") |
Friday night, Tyler and I were scheduled to work at the temple. We were both assigned "shoe covering," or as I like to call it, "booty duty," but Tyler got moved to parking about an hour into it. For about 3 hours, I unbundled shoe coverings. The shoe coverings came in packs of 10, and were tightly wound up, so my (and several other people) job was to unbundle, and make sure that the people putting the shoe coverings on, were well stocked at all times. It really wasn't bad, and I got to meet a few new people in our stake, who I really enjoyed talking with.
![]() |
| 2 of my laurels worked with me in shoe coverings (Paige & Emily) |
Saturday, we had a day of cleaning, running errands, and just hanging out. We watched the documentary, "Mitt," but I fell asleep about halfway into it. From what I saw, it was really good, and makes me sad that we have such an unqualified man as our president now.
Sunday was the Super Bowl, and even though I'm not a die-hard fan, it was still a good excuse to get together with friends and have a lot of food...and when I say a lot, I mean a LOT. I was feeling crafty after church (and we're done at 11am), so I made a Super Bowl banner, and printed out "Super Bowl Trivia" pages for everybody. It was a good time, other than the fact that the Broncos got destroyed!




That's a cool idea for Tyler and his friends to do that presentation. And a good excuse to spend time with him ;)
ReplyDelete