I've been pretty obsessed with pinterest lately, as most of you can probably tell. I have had a LOT more time on my hands than I am used to, which means I can do a lot of projects. The latest project I found was creating your own canvas, and since today was Labor Day Tyler had all day to help me with a project :). We have been searching and searching for a giant canvas/painting to go on our large, empty kitchen wall, and have had NO luck (unless we are willing to spend the big bucks). Sooo, I saw a project for creating your canvas and liked it right away. The whole thing took around 2 to 3 hours, and was pretty easy for the most part. It's by no means perfect, but it's "perfect" for us because we created it together (and had fun :) ). Enjoy the pictures...it's pretty "step-by-step."
 |
| Paint, brushes, and canvas cost around $25 or $30 total |
 |
| Lay towels down so you don't get paint on your carpet :) |
 |
| Tape the canvas, so you can paint different colors |
 |
| Begin painting! |
 |
| Paint 2 coats, and let it dry (it doesn't take very long to dry) |
 |
| After it's dry, remove the tape |
 |
| Once you're finished, you have a beautiful canvas! |
that looks awesome, i love it! and i love that you made it together, that makes it much more special than anything you could buy at a store!
ReplyDeleteLooks incredible! I need to be better about all doing all my DIY projects I pin on pinterest. Hope life is great for you!
ReplyDelete