Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Becoming Crafty

Since we've moved to AZ, I've had a lot of free time.  I haven't started at Gap yet, and school hasn't started (so I can't sub yet), so I have a lot of projects on my mind (thank you pinterest).  I've completed 2 already... the first one, painted mason jars. 

I acquired mason jars from Tyler's grandma during their move, and started on them pretty soon after we got here.  I bought several different colors of paint, and all you have to do is pour the paint into the jar, and spin it around a lot.  Super easy!  The hard part is waiting for them to dry.
These are the ones on top of the piano


The next project on my list was painting our piano.  We got our piano about a year ago from somebody up in ID who knew Tyler's grandparents.  Again, we got it for FREE.  It needs a tuning, and it was a yellow color before, but besides that, it's in great shape!  We decided on the color RED, b/c we wanted something bold.  All of our walls in our apt are a very light beige color (almost cream), so we wanted something that would pop.  Well, I can't take all the credit for the piano b/c Tyler did an AWESOME job at the small details, and I'm certain he did more work than I did.  Luckily we painted it before school got crazy b/c he's SUPER busy now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment