Friday, February 25, 2011

Mrs. Gregory... it has a nice ring to it :)

I've been contemplating applying for a teaching internship for a while now.  At first, I thought why not? but then as it started getting closer I thought more and more about how I would be in summer classes and how terrible that would be.  As I thought about all the different reasons to do it or not to do it, the reasons for not doing it were selfish.  I wanted a summer, I didn't want responsibility, I was scared to actually teach, I was afraid I wouldn't get it because I haven't passed the Praxis test (dang test!), and many more reasons.  Doing the internship meant that I would have the opportunity to teach and help kids in their learning; I would receive half salary (and granted, teachers don't make much, but half is still more than I make now), I would have something amazing to put on my resume, etc.   SO many good reasons to do it!  Well, about 2 weeks ago was the deadline to submit my application and I decided to do it and schedule an interview!  Today was the interview and it went great!  I was the last person to be interviewed for Provo District (you only get to pick one district to interview with) and I felt so good at the end of it.  I made sure I did everything you're supposed to do in an interview...good eye contact, no rambling, sat still, shook everyones hands, dressed to impress (8 people in the interview!), etc etc.  It went great!  Even better, they called 30 minutes later and told me they wanted to hire me on at Canyon Crest Elementary!  Woohoo!!  I knew they called quickly, but I had no idea it was that quick.  Anyway, I am very excited for this opportunity and can't wait to start preparing.  

1 comment:

  1. CONGRATS! I didn't know you were an elementary education major! I'm applying for an internship too! But my interviews aren't until the end of March. Are you at UVU? And why did you choose the provo district? I can't decide which district I want to pick!

    ReplyDelete