Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Learning How to Parent as a Gap Employee

There are a few things I have learned while working at the Gap (3 1/2 years now!)

1. Children are sensitive creatures, especially little ones
2. Babies, under 12 months, should NOT, I repeat myself, should NOT, be put in umbrella strollers.

Every time I see this it makes me want to cry, literally. My heart sinks and I feel terrible for the child. The reason for this is probably that every time I see this happen the child is asleep and I think to myself, "that child is going to wake up with a broken neck..."

(This is what the babies look like in umbrella strollers, except vertical)

3. Last but not least, parents should definitely NOT bring kids shopping after 7 pm. Parents, this is bed time!

Why don't people understand this?? All that happens when parents bring kids in at night is crying, screaming, and parents getting upset. Well, guess what parents, it's your fault your kid is screaming and it's your fault that you're upset, so next time get a sitter or leave them home with Dad.

I haven't learned much working at the Gap, but I have learned these few things.

No comments:

Post a Comment